Douglas W. Scott
Douglas W. Scott was born in Seattle and grew up in Bellevue, Washington. After graduating from law school, Doug came back to Bellevue to start his own practice. Doug was admitted to the Washington State Bar Association in 1976. Doug’s clients include large aircraft parts manufacturers, real estate companies, theater companies and homeowners associations as well as people who need consultation in entering into their first real estate transaction. Doug has practiced in State and Federal courts at both the trial and appellate levels.
He earned his Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science from Western Washington University where he started the legislative intern program which is in existence at all major Washington colleges. He earned his Juris Doctorate Degree from Gonzaga Law School where he was a law clerk and legal intern. He is a member of the Washington State Bar Association, the Washington State Trial Lawyers Association and is admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the Western District of Washington and the United States Court of Appeals Ninth Circuit.
Outside the office, Douglas enjoys outdoor recreation, including fishing, kayaking, and hiking. Douglas also plays tennis for fun and competition.
Doug's practice currently emphasizes business, real estate and construction law, assisting individuals and businesses within the State of Washington with the following:
- Purchase and Sale Agreements
- Counsel for Real Estate Companies
- Landlord/Tenant Matters
- Preparing Leases
- Boundary Line Disputes
- Homeowners and Condominium Associations
- Assisting “For Sale By Owners”
- Incorporation and Formation of Corporations, Limited Liability Companies and Partnerships
- Registered Agent Services
- Maintaining Washington Corporations and Limited Liability Companies
- Drafting and Negotiating Contracts and Agreements
- Disputes, Sales and Changes in Ownership and Control
- Collections of Debts
- Drafting and Negotiating Contracts
- Contractor Licensing Issues
- Construction Defect Disputes
- Disputes Between Owners, Contractors, Subcontractors and Materialmen
Doug can be found working in our Issaquah office and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org